Wednesday 23 April 2014

To Be Read - April/May








If you follow me on twitter (I'm going to keep mentioning this until you follow me so you might as well just do it now) you'll know that I am currently in deadline hell and am substituting some review posts with blog posts. Today I thought I'd expand more on my TBR 'pile' (a bit euphemistic, it's more of a TBR bookcase at this point) which I talk about a lot. Most of you will know that TBR stands for 'to be read' and I thought I'd share some of the books languishing on that list today.

All of the books that I'm going to mention have already been published, and I've already bought them too, but I've yet to find time to read any of them.


1). The Dead Wife's Handbook - Hannah Beckerman: Beckerman's debut novel has been receiving rave reviews from some of my favourite book bloggers (hmm... maybe another post?) and after reading a handful of astoundingly positive reviews, I instantly went out and bought it. A book that packs a bit of an emotional punch I'm waiting for just the right time to curl up and indulge in this treat.

2). The Memory Book - Rowan Coleman: Again, another one that I blame solely on twitter. This is by no means Coleman's first book but it's the first that's really caught my attention. Another emotional one, The Memory Book covers some emotive and difficult topics and I know that I'm going to thoroughly enjoy it.

3). A Discovery of Witches - Deborah Harkness: The All Souls Trilogy has actually been on my radar for some time and recently I was lucky enough to receive a review copy in advance of the third in the trilogy's publication in July. I love the occasional fantasy/paranormal novel to add a bit of variety to my usual fare and this inventive novel about witches and vampires sounds perfect!

4). The Rosie Project - Graeme Simsion: I've recently become very aware of the gender bias in my reading material and on reading about Simsion's novel I knew I just had to give it a go, and not just because it's written by a man but because it's also taken the book blogging world by storm and I really don't need much more encouragement than that.

5). The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith: I recently reviewed Smith's latest, The Geography of You and Me and fell so in love with Smith and her writing that I knew I just had to have more. Reading the plot over on Goodreads (linked via the title) I knew this had to be the next that I read.

6). Divergent - Veronica Roth: Do I even need to explain this one? I love YA dystopian fiction and yet this somehow slipped by me until recently. Yes, I have seen the movie and yes I loved it. Now I want more detail so on the list it goes.

My aim is to have all these wonderful books finally read (and reviewed for you guys too) by the end of May. I've even imposed a book buying ban on myself until I read a few of these poor, neglected guys. Have you read any of the above or, not that I need anymore recommendations, are there any other books I should add to that  TBR bookcase?








No comments:

Post a Comment